A makeup brush is a tool with bristles, used for the application of makeup or face painting. Makeup artists recommend seven standard brushes to help bring your face to life. These include a liquid foundation brush, powder brush, blush brush, concealer brush, eye shadow applicator, eyeliner brush, and lip brush. The bristles may be made out of natural or synthetic materials, while the handle is usually made out of plastic or wood. When cosmetics are applied using the appropriate brush, they blend better onto the skin. The price for makeup brushes is generally based on their size and the material the bristles are made from. Keep it Clean Makeup brushes are sensitive items. Oil from your face combined with makeup residue will hinder brush performance over time, not to mention harbor bacteria. Wash your brushes with a mild cleanser to keep them clean and oil-free.
Try a brush out, when possible, so you make sure its bristles respond to your movement and the handle is very comfortable in your hand. If you find a perfect brush, it will also become your favorite. Make sure you get the best quality of execution, in a brush. The bristles have to be very well held together, the metal needs to be very clean and neat, and the handle must respond to the anatomy of your hand
Reasons for cleaning makeup brush
A dirty brush is a prime breeding ground for harmful bacteria that can exacerbate your acne and other skin conditions. To stop the breeding of bacteria you need to be washing your brushes on a very regular basis.
Dirty brushes can contaminate your makeup. When your brush has been sitting out uncleaned for a long period, it collects bacteria and dirt. Which makes your product go bad and will have adverse results on your skin
Your brushes are an investment, so taking care of them is important to make the most of the money you spend. When you clean your brushes, it ensures that they will maintain their quality and won’t be bent or damaged by makeup buildup.
When makeup Brushes become stiff and hard. Remember the first time you bought your blush brush and how it felt so soft and gentle on your cheeks? Brushes were made soft so they won’t scratch your face and give you flawless coverage.
When Brushes are not in their original shape anymore. There is a reason why a brush is made angled or contoured- to define certain areas like cheeks or to fill in sparse spaces such as eyebrows. When they lose their original form, you will not be able to get the right definition anymore.
Bristles are consistently falling apart. Occasional shedding is okay due to the wear and tear but if you start to notice more than usual, it’s time to say goodbye! Brushes should be compact and dense for even makeup application and/ or blending but once they lose their shape, you will no longer get desired results.
When makeup Brushes smell bad. There is a stark difference between a smell of a new brush especially if it’s made from animal hair (this can be managed by washing it with specialized brush cleaner or good old baby shampoo) and the scent of the old-moldy-funky- brush. Anything that is suspiciously foul-smelling should be tossed out.
What’s the right way to clean makeup brushes?
- Cleaning the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop of your cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Re-form the brush head back into its original shape.
- Let the brush dry with its bristles hanging off the edge of a counter, which allows it to dry in the correct shape. Never let your brushes dry on a towel — the bristles can turn mildewy.
How to store the makeup brush
- An easy way to store all your makeup brushes is by using a pouch or makeup bag. With a makeup bag in tow, you can keep all makeup brushes dust free. What’s more, is that you may already have some lying around. So, they won’t cost you a dime. The bonus with this idea is that you can keep your makeup brushes close by to where you put all your makeup.
- A mug is another easy and inexpensive way to store all your makeup brushes. They may not keep your makeup brushes dust free. But are still a good option to look at. Again, you can add a few stones or coffee beans to hold your makeup brushes upright. Comes with a storage box when purchasing a makeup brush, after finished make up you could put it into the case directly. When to declutter your makeup brush
In conclusion, ensure that you choose the right makeup brush according to your purpose and store them appropriately. Ensure you use good quality to achieve the desired results